Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting Ready for a new selling season

Ok, so I have been very slack concerning this blog. I am going to try and be a bit more serious about keeping it updated, especially now our soaps are getting known far and wide. I have been super busy about making soap lately, getting ready for the spring and summer markets, we have a definite 3 local markets and I am looking at doing a big one a bit further away, starting in September, but more on that closer to the time.

One of my main soap projects has been to turn 20 litres of beautiful organic olive oil from Tim and Vivienne Paramore of Woodburn Olives at Walla Walla. The oil smelt SO yummy, when I first opened the drum my mouth started to water. We poured some into a jar and totally pigged out on fresh stoneground wholewheat bread, ( I also buy organic wheat from Tim and Vivienne) dipped in olive oil. Enough of our eating habits, this blog is about soap. I ended up making 9 batches of soap for them, some pure olive oil, or castlie, and some milk and honey and some just my standard recipe. We ended up with: Unscented Castile, Green Tea and Eucalyptus Castile, Gardeners Soap with lots of exfoliating bits, Choc Peppermint, Orange and Cinnamon with honey yoghurt and almond meal, Coffee, Lavender, Sea Salt scrub with lots of salt for a good scrub and eucalyptus peppermint and spearmint essential oils and Lemongrass and Lime Castile. I didn't get any photos of those soaps, but I am in the process of making them all again for me, as I was so happy with how they all turned out in the end. I do have some other photos of some  soap I have made for me. Some of it has almost sold out but there will be more coming.



Gardeners Soap, Milk, Oatmeal, Poppy Seeds, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lavender Essential Oils.


Breakfast Bar, I am thinking of changing the name to Oatmeal, Honey and Green Tea Cleanser, People seem to get a bit turned off by the name breakfast bar. The bottom layer is a muesli type bar with oatmeal, poppy seeds, bees wax, honey, yoghurt. And the top layer has green tea and pink clay, scented with grapefruit and orange essential oils.



Summer Wine. This is a fun coloured, one off soap. I was cleaning out my soap scraps and my oil store, so there is bits of lots of essential oils and dewberry and champagne fragrant oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment