Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Helping Snowy Swim School raise money for Solar Blankets



Recently my friend and milking buddy Mel, who is the owner of Snowy Swim School decided to swim Khancoban dam to raise money for solar blankets for both Khancoban and Corryong Pools. I pondered how I could donate to the cause as our finances have been extremely tight the last few months, and I came up with the idea to make soap and donate the batch to Mel to sell at the pool. I will also have some at this weeks farmers market.

Here is what she wrote on the Swim Schools facebook page:
On 16th January 2010 I am going to Swim Khancoban Dam x 6 18.3km to
raise money for Solar Blankets for Corryong and Khancoban pools.
 I have a quote for $20,000 for both pools. This includes rollers, bioniser's for
 both pool (this reduces clorine levels and eye irritation) and
 two pool testing kits. This company has ...taken $5,000 off the
 quote for sponsorship!!! WOW. I do need a bit of help to achieve this
 so I hope you all will support me. "The Big Swim" will also commemorate
 20 years since Graeme Middleton swam the Murray River.

The Solar Blanket will increase temp by 10 degress, great for all the
 kids and community. If anyone has any ideas that will help me
raise money or ideas for sponsorship please let me know.

YOURS IN WINTER SWIMMING

MEL

The soap has, as always, our local snowy mountains olive oil, and our localy grown and produced peppermint oil. I have swirled some dried peppermint in the top. Soap is for sale at the swimming pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment