Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year

I have been so busy I can't believe how long it has been since I did a blog post, or even a facebook update. To add to the usual Christmas and New Year busyness we spent a week in Sydney, pre christmas, with our eldest and then she travelled home with us to spend the summer holidays, and then just after New Year a very dear friend of hers came to visit with her mother and 3 adorable kids, so that was a very busy week, showing them what life on a farm is like, we milked cows, rode horses, fed calves, saw chickens hatching, ate carrots straight out of the ground, and plums straight off the tree, patted the pig, swam in the creek, rode on the tractor and heaps of other things. They left on Wednesday and it was so sad to see them go, we had such a wonderful time with them. So in all the busyness of the past month soap making has taken a back seat. But I have managed to do some.


This is todays offering, Aussie Bush, an EO blend of Lemon Myrtle and Eucalyptus, coloured with Olive Leaf Powder, Chacoal and Tumeric


These ones look a bit "blah", but they are nicely going through their gel phase, so I took the photo and quickly covered them back up. Hopefully we'll get some photos of the cut soap in a few days.

This is one of the couple that I managed to sneak in during the busyness, no colour but scented with Orange and Cedarwood EO's.

Coffee cake, I have made this in cups and cupcakes before, but was feeling a bit lazy this day and although I did do some cupcakes as you can see at the bottom, I also poured the rest into a loaf tin and sliced it.

Below I poured it into the bee mould, not sure yet if I will cut it into 6 full sized bars or 9 guest size bars.

Did you know that the coffe grounds in the soap not only are a great exfoliator, but are also a great odour remover.



We'll be at the Upper Murray Farmers Market tomorrow, maybe I'll remember to take a camera.

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and healthy new year.

1 comment:

  1. I really like all your soaps! I especially like the coffee cake loaf/cupcake. Looks good enough to eat =)

    ReplyDelete